Deep Fried Catfish By: Chef Gason "Yellow Cornmeal" Lodge Logic Deep Fryer. Follow Chef Gason On Twitter
Fried Trout or Catfish Recipe
* Trout or Catfish fillets (3 or 4 medium pieces per person)
* 1 cup Yellow Corn Meal
* 1/3 cup all purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 medium eggs
* 1/4 cup buttermilk
* Enough cooking oil to cover the fish (I like using peanut or corn oil)
1. Combine all your dry ingredients
2. Beat eggs and buttermilk in a medium size bowl
3. Wash catfish fillets and pat dry.
4. Dip fillets in the egg wash, shake off excess then roll in the cornmeal mix to coat thoroughly on all sides.
5. Make sure oil is hot, then place fish in frying pan and fry until golden brown on both sides
6. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Note: You can adjust the seasoning to your liking also I like to squeeze a lemon on my fish before serving
See Chef Gason on Website
Lodge Logic Cast Iron Deep Fryer
Follow Me On Twitter
Follow My Cooking Blog & Cast Iron Deep Fryer
I love this recipe with Yellow Cornmeal
Chef Gason Is A Private Chef of Reggie Bush and Others and his pictures of his cooking on twitter is AMAZING!!!
Thanks Chef for such a great recipe!
Tags: Deep Fried Catfish By: Chef Gason "Yellow Cornmeal" Lodge Logic Deep Fryer, ateya, ateyaaa, smuve complexions, cooking with ateya, deep fried fish, frying catfish, chef gason, new orleans chef gason, how to fry fish, lodge deep fryer, lodge logic cast iton, cast iron pots, cooking deep fried catfish, yellow cornmeal fish